Propolair® Propolis Diffusers
The benefits of a propolis diffuser (vaporizer):
Propolis has virtues that have been known for centuries. It was already used by the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans for its antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and healing properties.
When it is diffused in the air, it keeps all its benefits and can help relieve some forms of asthma and respiratory allergies as well as fighting diseases such as rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, and angina, while stimulating the body’s natural immune defenses.
It is also an effective way to help sanitize areas like offices, waiting rooms, medical offices, nurseries, bedrooms… and protect the most vulnerable people.
See the studies on the benefits of propolis diffusers further down this page.
How diffusers work :
The models of diffusers available:
- Basics models: A1, L1 et Propolina
They diffuse the volatile fraction of propolis into the ambient air.
- Models with ionizer: A2, L2 et Breathe
The ionizer uses negative ions to remove certain harmful particles that are in the air (such as cigarette smoke, dust, viruses, bacteria...). The positive ions will be captured by the negative ions emitted by the ionizer diffuser, they then become heavier and neutral, fall to the ground and are no longer suspended in the air.
- Models with ionizer and fan: A3, L3 et A4 Propol Therapy
They allow the volatile fraction of propolis to spread more widely in the rooms in which they are located (from 323 sq. ft / 30 m² to 646 sq. ft / 60 m²).
The A4 model comes with a tube and two masks* (child size and adult size) to take full advantage of propolis when inhaled, especially recommended in case of respiratory problems.
- Car diffuser: Propolair Car
It sanitizes the air and filters out air pollution inside the vehicle, reducing the amount of harmful particles.
*The tube and masks can be purchased separately and fit on all diffusers except Propolina, Breathe and Propolair Car.
|Models||Treatment Area sq. ft/m²||Propolis Diffuser||Negative Ionizer||Fan||Aerosol|
|A1 white||323 / 30||X||*|
|A2 white||323 / 30||X||X||*|
|A3 white||646 / 60||X||X||X||*|
|A4 Propol Therapy||646 / 60||X||X||X||X|
|323 / 30||X||*|
|L2 wood||323 / 30||X||X||*|
|L3 wood||646 / 60||X||X||X||*|
|Propolina||323 / 30||X|
|Breathe||323 / 30||X||X|
|Propolair Car||50 / 4.65||X|
The different refill capsules for Propolis Diffusers:
There are currently five different kinds of refill capsules:
- Pure Organic Propolis, with all the virtues of flavonoids present in propolis (in particular anti-viral and anti-bacterial);
- Propolis + Boswellia, a resin from Africa beneficial for the respiratory tract and having anti-inflammatory properties;
- Organic Breath: Propolis + essential oils of Eucalyptus, Mountain Pine and Spruce that promote the health of the respiratory tract;
- Organic Relax: Propolis + essential oils of Lavender, Swiss Pine and Orange, promote the rebalancing of the central nervous system, help sleep and facilitate rest;
- Organic Purify: Propolis + essential oils of Tea Tree, Thyme and Lemon, which promote environmental sanitation.
Studies on diffusers:
Here are the results of studies conducted in two schools to analyze the concrete effects of Propolair® propolis diffusers:
Independent test results from Tallahassee, Florida
by Dr. G. Case www.advancedmedclinic.com
1) photo on left was an airborne sample of my 1999 Saturn's air (while driving).
2) I did not vacuum my car floors or seats before or after these mold testing
3) the mold test kit can be purchased at Home Depot for $10, it is called Mold Testing by ProLabs (also can be ordered on the Internet, but you have to pay extra for shipping).
4) photo on right was taken after using the propolis for two days. Absolutely no evidence of any mold growth, not even a small pin-sized colony.
A month earlier, I did the same test in my wife's car, and got rid of the airborne bacteria. I could not believe it, so I tested twice, still no mold growth. Furthermore, since we ran out of the first little container of propolis (i.e., vaporized it into the car interior), I tested her car again after one month of non-use of the propolis, and still no evidence of airborne bacteria mold growth. Evidently the stuff gets stuck in the car's air circulation filter and keeps on working. I will keep testing every month until I get some evidence of bacterial growth. And I will let you know my results.
GC Sept 29, 2009
Danger of pollution in cars:
- A study conducted by the hygiene laboratory of the City of Paris in March 2013, says:
"A driver in their car is (...) three times more exposed to particulate matter than in their home or on the street" because they are "most exposed to gaseous air pollutants released by the exhausts of motor vehicles" around them.
- A report from the World Health Organization (WHO), "Outdoor air pollution classified as carcinogenic", October 2013:
As was found by Inserm during a study commissioned by Affset (French Agency for Environmental and Occupational Health Safety) "the passenger compartment of the vehicle is a very heavily polluted enclosure and in no way represents protection against external pollution".
Click here to read the article (in french).
Co-founder of the Association Francophone d'Apithérapie et de Phytothérapie
Doctor of Pharmacy, Researcher in Ecology and Biology.If you would like more information about propolis diffusers or anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.We are at your disposal.The Chez les abeilles team.