Honey is a food but also a remedy that has been known for millennias.
It is a product developed by bees, a concentration of flower nectars and honeydew, which only they know how to make. It is composed of sugar, water but also vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Like wine, the characteristics and composition of the various honeys depend on its geographic origin, but also on weather conditions.
Each honey has its own virtues:
- strong presence of vitamin group B, C and trace elements,
- energetic and protective of cold,
- facilitates digestion and absorption of nutrients,
- activation of growth,
- toning of the digestive system,
- regulator of heart function,
- protection of the respiratory tract,
- laxative effects,
- healing action, even on burns or varicose ulcers,
It should also be noted that despite its strong sweetening power, it is less caloric than white sugar. Some honeys such as acacia or linden are even recommended as an alternative to sugar in case of diabetes, due to their low glycemic index.
Honey is therefore a real asset both in terms of well-being and health, not to mention the pleasure of taste, of course!